MyMaths is a great tool, both for teachers and students. Most parents will be familiar with the website because many children are assigned homework on it, regularly.
- A great way for children to learn topics they haven’t understood, in their own time.
- Easy to keep track of scores for each topic so that students can revisit topics that they have struggled with.
- Easy for parents to get an overview of what homeworks their children have done and to what standard.
- Immediate online marking means children do not have to wait for the teacher to tell them how well they did.
- Unlimited re-tries of a homework, with re-marking, means that children can be self-motivated to improve on their scores.
- Students need to remember their school login / password AND their own login / password.
- Homeworks can be awkward, particularly anything to do with measuring lengths, angles etc.
- Sometimes the methods used do not match up with the method taught at school
- It is not clear which topics are in scope for a particular Examination board, so students may lose confidence when they see topics that they cannot do, but are not relevant to them.